It seems like there has been a gap in my seasonal epiphany this year. Usually, around the end of October, beginning of November, it hits me like "BAM!" in the face that autumn is here. Then sometime around Turkey - time and crazy - Friday - when - Thanh's - credit card - cries, it hits me "BAM!" again that winter is right in front of me.
Thanks to Rochester bipolar weather, I have tricked my mind into believing that there is no such thing as winter, until yesterday, when I looked out the window and actually saw that fluffy cold stuff called snow on the ground. The first thought that run through my mind was "Damn, I don't have a Christmas shopping list and a Christmas music list yet." I should have known earlier that I should not wait until after stuffing myself with Thanksgiving goodies to realize that those crazy individuals who started playing Christmas music before Nov 15ths, those whom I cursed at for ruining my autumn mood, are actually faster in the process of accepting the truth than I am.
Well, I blamed it on Orgo, and Genetics, and ten million other things that occupy my mind and make me forget my super Christmas spirit.
I know Christmas is not supposed to be about the presents, but I love opening Christmas presents and getl all excited about them. I love going shopping and spending crazy money on gifts. Then I get to customize them, wrap them and attach cute notes and cards with them. It is a tradition that makes people happy, I don’t mind being conventional in this one occasion!
It has been said that “Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars” so I told myself “Shoot for a 10 item wish list, even if people fail, you’ll still get one.”
Here it comes - the annual wish list, version 2010:
- To be home for Christmas Eve --> I actually could have made this happen, but the thought of paying for that round trip plane ticket is just too painful.
- Spend a week in NYC --> to visit my dear Melody, Miki, Zala and enjoy shopping in the city
- Christian Louboutin or Manolo Blahnik pumps/boots --> I have a never ending greed for shoes =.= However, if I can fulfill my 2nd wish, I'll get this one thanks to Melody :)
- New camera --> I'm most likely getting this for myself: a Violet Sony Cypershot T99 14.1 mpx . This will add to my collection of purple goodies: calculator, cell phone, Ipod. After this, it will be a purple laptop and a purple PSP ;)
- Baking supplies --> can never get enough of these ;)
- Great great great great books/novels --> I have been slacking on my reading lately, which would explain why my writing is getting worse and worse. I wish I could have to just sit down, have some coffee and read through a really good 800 page novel or something like that.
- Something warm and cozy, and fluffy --> Knitted scarf? Gloves? Hats? Slippers? Stuffed animals? Comforter? Blanket? Idk, anything, I love warm and cozy stuff.
- Going out for dinner --> Christmas always put me in a mood to dress up and go out for a fancy dinner, doesn’t matter who I'm with, it'll be fun.
- Sex and the City related stuff --> I most likely will get the DVD for the 2nd movies myself, but posters for SATC is soooo hard to find :(
- Cards, letters, notes, packages from friends all over the world --> this is the part that I'm looking forward to the most, to receive something tangible from all the friends that I have from everywhere <3
Wow, it took me soooo long to finish this list. I actually had so much trouble thinking what I really want for Christmas. I wonder whether it is a good thing that I don't have anything I desire so badly. Maybe because I have been shopping way too much I don't need anything anymore, that'd be bad =.=
It really doesn't matter anyway. The thing I enjoy most about Christmas is the time before it, when all the lights are put up along the streets, when people get all excited about buying gifts and decorate their houses or when Christmas music is played everywhere or when I can see the happy expressions on people faces when they open presents.
It is the time when even though the weather is cold and gloomy, you appreciate it because you know that there is always something, or someone waiting to make you feel warm and happy.